I have a simple form to update records from the database but it&#039;s only working when I hard code the values into the update statement. If I try to get the new info from the form I don&#039;t get any error but the database doesn&#039;t get updated.<BR><BR>This is the code:<BR> <BR>strUpdate = "update prod_company SET company_name=@company_name, profile=@profile WHERE (co_id = " & <BR>coupdated & ")"<BR><BR>cmdUpdate = New sqlCommand(strUpdate, SqlConnection1)<BR><BR>cmdUpdate.Parameters.Add("@ company_name", company_name.Text)<BR>cmdUpdate.Parameters.Add("@p rofile", profile.Text)<BR> <BR>SqlConnection1.Open()<BR>cmdUpdate.ExecuteNonQ uery()<BR>SqlConnection1.Close()<BR><BR>editLabel. Text = ": sucessfully updated"<BR><BR>However if I replace the strUpdate statement with:<BR><BR>strUpdate = "update prod_company SET company_name=&#039;123 co&#039;, profile=&#039;this is the new profile&#039; WHERE (co_id = " & coupdated & ")"<BR><BR>and comment out the "cmdUpdate.Parameters.Add" it works.<BR><BR>Any ideas???