Automatic generation of forms

Thread: Automatic generation of forms

Default Automatic generation of forms

Hi,<BR><BR>i have the following problem.<BR><BR>I&#039;m developing a database in Access for financial analysis of companies. First a user enters the balance sheet and Profit and loss account. Then calculations are made to find whether balance sheet and P/L account entries need explanations. For example:<BR><BR>Fixed assets 100<BR>Cash 50<BR><BR>I have two formulas:<BR>If fixed assets are more than 90 then the user should explain what do they contain. If cash is more that 60 then the user must explain why. In this case explanation is required only for fixed assets.<BR><BR>I guess that i should make a table that contains explanations, now i want access to generate an input form that asks questions about only needed explanations (in the example fixed assets) while assignin 0 to all the cells that do not need explanations. The question i want to ask is whether such thing is possible in access. Do not waste your time going into details, just a few brief pointers on how to do it.<BR><BR><BR><BR>Gatis

Default The short answer is...

...: Yes, it can be done.<BR><BR>To elaborate a bit more: I would set up a form with all the possible questions in and then on the Open event of the form hide those that are not relevant. At the same time you can set the table fields to 0 for those questions.<BR><BR>I hope this makes sense,<BR>Oliver.