Ok, so I have an excel file on my webserver and I want to write certain data to it. I&#039;m using ASP, VBScript and IIS on a W2k Server. <BR><BR>Here are my steps:<BR>1) Copy file "A" from directory1 to directory2 as "A1".<BR>2) Open file "A1" and write data to certain cells.<BR>3) Close Excel file.<BR><BR>The main problem is, it copies the file, writes the data, BUT it makes two files... file "A1" which is the one I want and another file "8B18300" or some other random name. WHY does it make this other file? Is it the way I&#039;m using the excel.Application object? Also, sometimes, the data doesn&#039;t get written to my file "A1", but if I open the randomly named file, the data is there.<BR><BR>SO, 2 questions:<BR>1) why does it create this random file?<BR>2) why does the data always get written to the random file, <BR>and not my written file?<BR><BR>Thanks for any help, my basic code is included below:<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>I used the following code:<BR><BR>[code language="VBScript"]<BR>&#039;----------- BEGIN CODE -----------<BR><BR>dim objFSO, objExcel, objWorkBook, src, dest<BR><BR>Set objFSO = Server.CreateObject("scripting.filesystemobject")< BR>objFSO.copyfile src, dest<BR><BR>set objExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application")<BR><BR>objExcel. Visible = false<BR>objExcel.DisplayAlerts = false<BR><BR>objExcel.Workbooks.Open(dest)<BR><BR> objExcel.ActiveSheet.Range("C3").Value = "HI"<BR><BR>objExcel.ActiveSheet.Range("E1:E1").Va lue = "Name"<BR>objExcel.ActiveSheet.Range("F1:F1").Valu e = "Desc"<BR><BR>objExcel.ActiveWorkbook.Save<BR>objE xcel.ActiveWorkbook.Close<BR>objExcel.Workbooks.Cl ose<BR><BR>objExcel.Quit<BR>set objExcel = Nothing<BR>Set objFSO = Nothing<BR><BR>&#039;----------- END CODE -----------<BR>[/code]<BR>