Horizontal rules

Thread: Horizontal rules

bookem Guest

Default Horizontal rules

does anyone know an attribute for the Horizontal Rule that will change the color in netscape.<BR><BR>HR color="#000000" will do it in IE but not Netscape - **** Netscape.

Default RE: Horizontal rules

I am not very Netscape-savvy, but according to THE source (developer.netscape.com), it doesn&#039t look possible to give the HR tag a color attribute using plain HTML in Netscape. See:<BR>http://developer.netscape.com/docs/manuals/htmlguid/tags15.htm#1045422<BR><BR>I&#039d wager there is a way to do it using Netscape&#039s DHTML, but I am not knowledgeable in that area...<BR><BR>Hope this helps... happy programming!

I have taken to avoiding the horizontal rule thing all together for this very reason. The solution that I have started using is to create an extra row in my table, add a background color to it, and insert a transparent gif that is the height of the horizontal rule that I want. Example:<BR>&#060;tr bgcolor="blue"&#062;<BR>&#060;td&#062;&#060;img src="images/blankdot.gif" height="1" width="1"&#062;&#060;/td&#062;<BR>&#060;/tr&#062;<BR>Hope that helps!!!

Bookem Guest

Thanks for the feedback.