Passing values

Thread: Passing values

Default Passing values

I have just started to learn ASP and have some questions.<BR><BR>How would I pass values between two pages if those pages are running from different web servers.<BR>For example, here&#039s what I am trying to do.<BR>The user enters the and when he clicks a button he <BR>comes to there I want to capture his name and status.<BR>Form the first page values for name and status are passed as hidden fields. How will I capture those values in my page?<BR>Here&#039s the code running on the site1<BR>&#060;fOrM METHOD="POST" ACTION="" &#062;<BR>&#060;INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="registered" VALUE="false"&#062;<BR>&#060;INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="UserName" VALUE="xxxxxx"&#062;<BR>&#060;INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="Click here"&#062; to go to the RESORTS SITE.<BR>&#060;/FORM&#062;<BR><BR>Any help would be greatly appreciated!!<BR><BR>Thank you!<BR>

LeeAnnie Guest

Default RE: Passing values

Do you have any control over how the variables are passed from <BR><BR>Normally, you would used the following expressions on<BR>&#060;%varRegistered = request("registered")<BR> varUserName = request("UserName")<BR><BR>However, I am not sure if these values can be passed this way from one site to another. If you had control over how the variables are passed from site1, the best way would be to have them included in the path name:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>&#039declare variables first<BR>varReg = reqistered<BR>varUser = UserName<BR>&#060;%response.redirect (""&varReg&"&name="&varUser&"")%&#06 2;<BR><BR>Then you could request them the same way:<BR>&#060;%varReg=request("reg")<BR>varUser=re quest("name")<BR><BR>If you do not have control over how the variables are passed, you may need to study up on cookies... Not sure if this helped, but that is my $0.02 :o)