Uploaded files go bang!

Thread: Uploaded files go bang!

Default Uploaded files go bang!

Hi,<BR><BR>I am working on a project that uses a coldfusion uploader to upload image files, and a set of routines for file manipulation using fso. Basically, a user creates an article, with a text file for the info, and an associated image. The user can delete articles, at which point the image is removed also *however* whenever I attempt to delete an image file the method completes fine, but the image file wont go away! It becomes locked. I have read as much as I can about server permissions etc. but this seems to be something else. The text files get killed no problems, but not the image files. I can&#039;t even delete them with my FTP - and yes, my script is sound.<BR><BR>So, my question is: is there any reason why, when performing an action on a file that it would become locked? Obviously there is an unfinished process on the file, but where could that process coming from? Virus software on the server? <BR><BR>I know this is a server question, but I was hoping maybe someone else has had this experience and can enlighten me?<BR><BR>cheers,<BR>cris...

Default Can only think...

...it might be an ANTI-virus problem. See the ASPFAQs, category FSO.<BR><BR>I don&#039;t get why you use a coldfusion uploader and then an FSO-based file manipulator. You mean FSO from coldfusion, perhaps?<BR><BR>