Deleting from Access

Thread: Deleting from Access

Default Deleting from Access

Hello there,<BR><BR>I&#039;m having a real tough time deleting a row from an Access database.<BR>I&#039;m using Dreamweaver MX (grrrrr, i hear you all say) and the problem is this:<BR>1. Have a page called delete_test.asp which shows me all the records in particular table. Each has a delete link which passes the variable name to the next page which is....<BR>2. delete_confirm.asp which is a form with all the information for that record as well as a confirm delete button. I am using Dreamweavers delete record server behaviour but it errors out when i hit submit.<BR>It doesnt like the line MM_editCmd.Execute<BR><BR>Can anyone let me in on either how to work around this or an easier way to do it.<BR><BR>I tried posting the variable to a page with a simple delete SQL statement but that was erroring out with a type mismatch error.<BR><BR>Any help would be grately appreciated.<BR><BR>Cheers<BR>Matt

Default RE: Deleting from Access

I don&#039;t use Dreamweaver, but if you got a type mismatch when using the Sql statement, you are probably passing a number where a string is expected (or vice versa).<BR><BR>Do a response.write of your Sql and post it here.