I need to post a SOAP message to a URL in BOTH ASP and ASP.NET. I have ASP code that works. I need to be able to do it without the authentication parameters (userid/pw) in the Send command. I cannot get my ASP.NET to work, and I cannot see what&#039;s different that might be causing me to not be authenticated at the URL I&#039;m trying to reach (it&#039;s the same URL for both ASP and ASP.NET). Here are the 2 pieces of code. Any suggestions for what I can try?? The Cookie header is important...is my .NET syntax right for that? I do know that I&#039;m hitting the "else" condition in the .NET where I won&#039;t be preauthenticating, but rather using a Cookie value.<BR><BR>ASP------------------------------<BR>Set objXmlHttp = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP.3.0")<BR >objXmlHttp.open "POST", strURL, False<BR>objXmlHttp.setRequestHeader "Content-Type", "text/xml"<BR>objXmlHttp.setRequestHeader "Cookie", "dummyval" <BR>objXmlHttp.setRequestHeader "Cookie", "ObSSOCookie=" & obSSO<BR>objXmlHttp.send soapPacket<BR>&#039;where soapPacket is the SOAP message that&#039;s been generated<BR>&#039;and strURL is the URL I&#039;m posting to.<BR><BR>ASP.NET--------------------------- <BR> Public Function HttpPost(ByVal payload As String, _<BR> ByVal url As String, _<BR> ByVal obSSOCookie As String, _<BR> ByVal userName As String, _<BR> ByVal password As String) As String<BR><BR> Dim HttpRequest As HttpWebRequest = CType(WebRequest.Create(url), HttpWebRequest)<BR> Dim HttpResponse As WebResponse<BR> Dim RequestStream As StreamWriter<BR> Dim RespStreamReader As StreamReader<BR> Dim sRetVal As String<BR> Dim dDate As Date = Now()<BR> Dim myUserName As String = userName<BR> Dim myPassword As String = password<BR> <BR> With HttpRequest<BR> .Method = "POST"<BR> .Headers.Add("SOAPAction", """""")<BR> .ContentType = "text/xml"<BR> .Accept = "text/xml"<BR> .Timeout = -1 &#039;infinite<BR> .ContentLength = payload.Length<BR> &#039;If username/pw combo is offered, send in credentials w/ webrequest.<BR> If myPassword &#060;&#062; "" Then<BR> .PreAuthenticate = True<BR> .Credentials = New NetworkCredential(myUserName, myPassword)<BR> Else<BR> .Headers.Add("Cookie", "dummyval")<BR> .Headers.Add("Cookie", "ObSSOCookie=" & obSSOCookie)<BR> End If<BR> End With<BR><BR> &#039;Write the request out to the URL specified in WebRequest.<BR> RequestStream = New StreamWriter(HttpRequest.GetRequestStream())<BR> RequestStream.Write(payload)<BR><BR> RequestStream.Close()<BR><BR> &#039;Get the response back and read it. <BR> HttpResponse = HttpRequest.GetResponse()<BR> RespStreamReader = New StreamReader(HttpResponse.GetResponseStream)<BR> sRetVal = RespStreamReader.ReadToEnd<BR> sRetVal = Replace(sRetVal, Chr(13), "")<BR> sRetVal = Replace(sRetVal, Chr(10), "")<BR><BR> RespStreamReader.Close()<BR> <BR> Return sRetVal &#039; & vbCrLf & DateDiff(DateInterval.Second, dDate, Now())<BR> End Function<BR><BR><BR>THANKS for your help!