Hi<BR><BR>What I want to do is to have a &#039;submit&#039; button on my .net form and run a one line javascript function when the user clicks it. The idea is to disable the button so it can&#039;t be clicked again.<BR><BR>the problem is that if I add an attribute (onclick) <BR><BR>Button1.Attributes.Add("onClick","return disableButton this.form)");<BR><BR>and have it perform the required disabling of the button with<BR><BR>function disableButton(frm)<BR>{<BR> frm.btnsubmit.disabled = true;<BR> return true;<BR>}<BR><BR>The server control never executes the btnSubmit_Click function on the server.<BR><BR>If I disable the &#039;addattributes&#039; code in the Page_load function the server event for the button click fires normally and the event handler is called.<BR><BR>If I enable the &#039;addattributes&#039; code the button disables but the server side &#039;click&#039; handler never gets called.<BR><BR>How can I have the button disable itself and then post back and execute the event handler.<BR><BR>Regards<BR><BR>Ray