newbie needs ASP help

Thread: newbie needs ASP help

Default newbie needs ASP help

I would be grateful if you could help me with an ASP problem.<BR><BR>I have an HTML page that I am putting together. Once I have done most of the work other users will update this page with MS FrontPage. The page will have a table, in each row there will be a column for Title, then a column for a hyperlink to a “chart” .ppt file, then a column for the date/time the file was updated, then a column for a hyperlink to “presentation” ppt file then a column for a date/time the file was updated. Five columns in all.<BR><BR>The FrontPage users will put the .ppt files in a folder on the web server and make the hyperlink to each .ppt file. How can I write ASP code that will read the date the .ppt file was put on the server and display that in the table in the approporiate row.<BR><BR>Thanks<BR>

Default Your users shouldn't really have to

use frontpage at all. Have them name their files intelligently with descriptive names and just put them on the server in the directory you specify. THen use the filesystem object to read the filenames and display them as links.<BR><BR><BR><BR>