Unable to Save/Display Chinese characters from dat

Thread: Unable to Save/Display Chinese characters from dat

Default Unable to Save/Display Chinese characters from dat

I have a page with a lable lblName, a Text box:txtName and a submit button. User types in Chinese text and saves the text box content into a table by clicking on the submit button.<BR><BR>A second page retrieves the data from table and displays on a web page. The page can&#039;t display the text in Chinese. <BR><BR>I save the .aspx file with save with encoding--&#062;utf-8 encoding with signature code page 65001. Label lblName in first page is in Chinese and is hard coded and it displays fine but data retrieves from the table is not. Can anyone help? I am pretty new to .net and this seems like a stupid question.<BR><BR>P.S. A similar page written in traditional asp 3.0 works perfectly with Response.ContentType = "text/html; charset=utf-8" tag

Default 65001 sounds wrong...

Chinese should almost surely be Session.CodePage = 936, no?<BR><BR>I&#039;d go looking on msdn.microsoft.com for "codepage" and find a table of languages. <BR><BR>Ahhh...here is a link:<BR>http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/charsets/charset4.asp<BR><BR>Ahhh...65001 is UNICODE! Hmmm...well, maybe. But I&#039;d still try 936 and see what you get. Or look at the other possibilities in that table.<BR><BR>