I was directed to the ashx file by craig edmunds a week or so ago. I was not able to get it to work correctly at that time, but in another project, I thought I&#039;d take another stab at it. After a few errors, I got it working, but there were 2 things that I noticed that kind of confused me. I have a class defined in my ashx file but as soon as I put it inside a namespace, I get an error saying it compiled correctly, but that no class was found by the class name defined in the @ page directive. I take out the namespace and it works fine. So, I&#039;m assuming then that you can&#039;t have an ashx file defined inside a namespace?<BR><BR>Secondly, I was trying to use a global string variable in which I store a db connection string. When I tried to use that to create a sqlconnection in my ashx file, it gave me an error....<BR><BR>The type or namespace name &#039;Global&#039; could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)<BR><BR>... I checked that my I had references to all of the system files I needed so I&#039;m thinking that an ashx somehow can&#039;t access the application that the site is running in? <BR><BR>Sorry if these questions sound stupid, but I can&#039;t find much info online at all about the ashx file... but it seems like a neat tool to be able to use. Thanks.