How to make report in asp

Thread: How to make report in asp

Default How to make report in asp

i have some database in access<BR>presently i am displaying the outputs using Table syntaxes like &#060;td&#062;&#060;th&#062;&#060;tr&#062; etc.<BR>it is somehow solving my purpose<BR><BR>But my user need the report with sub-total, total etc. And it should be in A4 size paper in a report format<BR><BR>i do not have any idea how to make report in web. <BR>using dataenvironment i used to prepare report in VB.<BR><BR>Can any body help me how to prepare report in web ?<BR><BR>regards<BR>

Default RE: How to make report in asp

that&#039;s not really what the web&#039;s for, is it? I know a lot of people do it, but I don&#039;t really understand why. Access has a perfectly good, if basic, reporting function.<BR><BR>Anyway, if you insist on reporting on an HTML page, trial and error is your only way of getting layout right.<BR><BR>As for sub-total and total, this is just simple usage of arithmetical operators like the + sign. RTFM here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting.

I&#039;ve got a similar problem with an intranet application that I&#039;ve been asked to develop. At the moment I agree with idiotbear, the web&#039;s not really built for that and so I have an MDE file that contains all the reports that people need and where I need to print a report I us CSS&#039;s @media print method to format the page correctly.<BR><BR>Has anyone else found a way of printing/generating reports for people that don&#039;t have access to the reports?

I agree with both of you. But end-user insists for reports. <BR>Anyway, may i get a bit details on MDE file and CSS&#039;s @media print method to format the page correctly. <BR><BR>Somebody says he has developed his own Print object for reporting. i could not see what exactly he has done.<BR><BR>

Default Here's an example...

...of something I use on one page.<BR><BR>&#060;STYLE&#062;<BR>@media SCREEN {<BR> BODY { font-size: 12pt; }<BR> TD { font-size: 12pt; }<BR> .screenonly { display: inline }<BR> INPUT { font-size: 10pt; width: 78; }<BR> INPUT.mem { font-size: 10pt; background-color: pink; width: 78; }<BR> TABLE { width: 980; }<BR> }<BR>@media PRINT {<BR> BODY { font-size: 8pt; }<BR> TD { font-size: 8pt; }<BR> .screenonly { display: none }<BR> INPUT { visibility: hidden; font-size: 8pt; width: 60; }<BR> INPUT.mem { visibility: visible; background-color: pink; font-size: 8pt; width: 60; }<BR> TABLE { width: 900; }<BR> }<BR>&#060;/STYLE&#062;<BR><BR>This style was designed for printing out a scheduling calendar on LANDSCAPE mode paper. <BR><BR>You can see how the @media uses different font sizes, different table width, etc., for the screen than it does for the paper.<BR><BR>When I print, MOST of the &#060;INPUT&#062; tags are not supposed to print, and so you can see that in @media PRINT mode their visibility is set to "hidden". Those &#060;INPUT&#062; fields that *should* print simply get a class name of "mem" in the HTML.<BR><BR>Further, there is a generic class name of "screenonly". I use it in a few &#060;DIV&#062;s and a couple of &#060;TR&#062;s in the table. These divs and trs only appear on the screen, not in the printed output. Further, I don&#039;t even want them to "eat" space in the printed output, so I use the "display" property, not the "visibility" property.<BR><BR>It works well.<BR><BR>It doesn&#039;t give me super-fine control, but it is adequate to the task of delivering very nice looking printed calendars that also look good--but different--on the screen.<BR><BR>

hi<BR>You better search for webreport component on web through search engine and i found there are some web report generators,You can download them and use with ur project<BR><BR>shabir hakim