"Permission denied" error while writing file

Thread: "Permission denied" error while writing file

Default "Permission denied" error while writing file

Hi,<BR><BR>I&#039ve been writing files with the filesystem object for quite a while now. Recently however I have encountered the following problem: while creating a file on a mapped network drive, I get a "error 800a0046 permission denied" or something similar. We&#039ve been fiddling around with user permissions for about 3 hours now and we still haven&#039t found a solution. Is this a mere permission related issue or has it something to do with the ASP language as well?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Nicolas<BR>nicolasm@luon.c om<BR><BR>

Nathan Pond Guest

Default RE:

Your IUSER_xxx user has to have permissions on any directory that you use the filesystemobject on. I am not sure how to incorporate this in with a mapped drive, it might be as simple as setting up the IUSER_xxx permissions on the PC where the drive is mapped to. <BR><BR>Hope I helped<BR><BR>Nathan Pond

Default RE:

OK here&#039s another question: can I make an ASP script check whether a certain (text) file exists? If so, read it and do other stuff, if not keep trying (in a loop?) until it&#039s there. <BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Nicolas<BR>

Nathan Pond Guest

Default RE:

I don&#039t know if there is a way in regular ASP, but I&#039m sure it is feasable using a COM object. There are many free ones available at ActiveServerPages.com where you can check the existence of a file. If you can&#039t find one let me know and I can write you one in about 5 minutes.<BR><BR>You might want to read up on the filesystemobject first, although I&#039m not aware of any method there could be one for seeing if a file exists. Once the method is established a loop would not be hard to create.<BR><BR>Nathan