SQL 6.5 Field Length Problem!

Thread: SQL 6.5 Field Length Problem!

Default SQL 6.5 Field Length Problem!

I&#039m working on a project that utilizes MS SQL 6.5 as a back end and I&#039m having difficulty with the &#039text&#039 datatype. I&#039m under the impression that this is a large format datatype however, whenever I adda row (RS.Addnew) and add some text to a &#039text&#039 column it cuts off my string at the 256th character! No warnings nothing, nada. I know my string is longer than 256 chars... It isn&#039t ASP as I&#039ve done the same thing with an INSERT statement in MS Query analizer. Same thing! Is this a server setup problem? Any help?

geeoff Guest

Default RE: SQL 6.5 Field Length Problem!

I run SQL 7 and use the text datatype......it is a large datatype and can hold up to 2,147,483,647 characters....on SQL Server 7. I am inserting from an ASP page as well. Everything works fine.<BR><BR>I would suggest searching for text datatype SQL 6.5 at http://msdn.microsoft.com/<BR><BR>

Mark Guest

Default RE: SQL 6.5 Field Length Problem!

I am experiencing a similar problem with the varchar field in SQL 7. I think it&#039s an IIS problem. I run the same exact code on 2 different servers connecting to the same database and I get only 255 characters from one, and the full text form another. I have yet to find an answer, if I do, I will let you know.