Hello,<BR>I was wondering there was a way using the below code to check and see if services are up and running and different ports.<BR><BR>for example, like smtp,pop,ftp using ports 25,110,21.<BR>I just want the script to try and get a response from those ports, and if it can not then report an error on a web page.<BR>can this be done? and if so could some one please show me an example?<BR><BR>thanks in advance for your time!<BR><BR><BR>I used this code before just to grab info from a shoutcast server. but thought it might work some how like this...<BR><BR> url = "http://"&addy&":"&port&"/"<BR> Set xml = server.CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP")<BR><BR > xml.Open "GET", url, true<BR> Call xml.Send()<BR><BR> On Error Resume Next<BR> If xml.readyState &#060;&#062; 4 then<BR> xml.waitForResponse 10<BR> End If<BR><BR> If Err.Number &#060;&#062; 0 then<BR> strData = "Error....could not connect to server..."<BR> Else<BR><BR> If (xml.readyState &#060;&#062; 4) Or (xml.Status &#060;&#062; 200) Then<BR> xml.Abort<BR><BR> strData = "error - could not connect to name server"<BR> Else<BR> strData = xml.ResponseText<BR> End If<BR> End If