Urgent : Got an ODBC error message, when not acces

Thread: Urgent : Got an ODBC error message, when not acces

NathanB Guest

Default Urgent : Got an ODBC error message, when not acces

Just updated to data Access Tools 2.1, and the ODBC to 3.7 so that the server works correctly.<BR><BR>I&#039ve been working through the errors on a site and I&#039ve got stuck on this one...<BR> <BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80040e21&#039 <BR><BR>Errors occurred <BR><BR>/epcotdev/scripts/validation.as, line 59 <BR> <BR>which isn&#039t very discriptive as the function that is being called is this...<BR><BR>function croptext(istr,num)<BR> dim rstring<BR> dim stringlength<BR> dim newstr<BR><BR>if isnull(istr) then<BR> &#039The string is null<BR>else<BR> if isempty(istr) then<BR><BR> else<BR>**line 57** stringlength = len(istr)<BR> rstring = left(istr,num)<BR> if stringlength&#062;num then rstring = rstring & "..."<BR> croptext = rstring <BR> end if<BR>end if<BR>end function<BR><BR>it&#039s not the len() function as the same error appears with a simple line of...<BR><BR> newstr = istr<BR><BR>Help!! I&#039m stuck and out of ideas!<BR><BR>

NathanB Guest

Default I've narowed it down to a problem with SQLServ

For some reason the error is being caused because the record that it is getting stuck on is an empty ntext field (used to be a memo in Access)<BR><BR>the error occurs with a simple recordset call<BR><BR>rst("Field2")<BR><BR>if the field is empty.<BR><BR>Any ideas?