I have populated 2 dropdownlists within a datagrid using the datagrid&#039;s ItemDataBound handler: <BR><BR>[code language="C#"]<BR>public void PopulateGrid(object sender, DevExpress.Web.ASPxGrid.ItemEventArgs e) <BR>{ <BR>// populate the lender and matter dropdownlists <BR>DropDownList LenderList = (DropDownList)e.Item.FindControl("LenderList"); <BR>DropDownList MatterList = (DropDownList)e.Item.FindControl("MatterList"); <BR>if(LenderList != null) <BR>{ <BR>LenderList.DataSource = BanksTable; <BR>LenderList.DataTextField = "BANKNAME"; <BR>LenderList.DataValueField = "BANKNAME"; <BR>LenderList.DataBind(); <BR>MatterList.DataSource = MattersTable; <BR>MatterList.DataTextField = "DISPLAYCODE"; <BR>MatterList.DataValueField = "DISPLAYCODE"; <BR>MatterList.DataBind(); <BR>} <BR>[/code]<BR><BR>i now want to do the following: <BR>1. look at a third table within my dataset called DeedsTable. <BR>2. get the value from the column "LENDER" within the current row. <BR>3. set the selected item of the dropdownlist LenderList equal to this value. <BR>4. Make sure this does not overwrite any of the previously databound entries. <BR><BR>sounds imple but i cant get it to work. i last tried this: <BR><BR>[code language="C#"]<BR>LenderList.SelectedItem.Text = DeedsTable.Rows.Find("LENDER").ToString(); <BR>} <BR>} <BR>[/code]<BR><BR>any help much appreciated