Include file wierdness

Thread: Include file wierdness

Default Include file wierdness

I am writing a site for a friend using asp.<BR><BR>Thruogh out the site I connect to the database using an include file, keeps things simple, and on most pages have no problems but I did the same thing on one page and got the error:<BR><BR>"ADODB.Recordset error &#039;800a0bb9&#039;. <BR>The application is using arguments that are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another". <BR><BR>the error was pointing to a line: GetInfoRS.Open sql,ObjConn<BR><BR>I then took the include file line out and replaced it with the database connection written inline in the asp page and it worked fine!<BR><BR>Has anyone had simular problems and if so what is causing it?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance for any help<BR><BR>Steve

Default How can we tell?

Did you DEBUG?<BR><BR>For example, with the include file in place did you do a <BR> ResponseWrite objConn.ConnectionString<BR>just before the line giving the error?<BR><BR>Without seeing the code for the page and the code for the include file, I would hesitate to guess.<BR><BR>

Default RE: Include file wierdness

is the include file placed in the same directory?