Need Ideas.

Thread: Need Ideas.

Default Need Ideas.

Hello.<BR>Here is my problem. Third party website will have a link to our website that will look like this: Based on this url we will have to allow or disallow (depending if company 123 is our subscriber) a user to get to the password protected part of OUR site. Any ideas on how to accomplish this? Maybe links to some tutorials. Anything is appreciated.<BR>Thank you in advance.

Default Buy high, sell low?

You didn&#039;t say you wanted *good* ideas.<BR><BR>I&#039;ve pulled that one before, but I don&#039;t think it&#039;s much worse than your idea of putting the comp_id into the querystring!<BR><BR>How hard will it be for somebody to find one of those valid links and then simply start using it form anywhere and everywhere????<BR><BR>A *MUCH* better way would be to use<BR> Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFERER")<BR>find the URL that the request came from and validate it (against a DB if there are many many legal subscribers).<BR><BR>So if you find that the HTTP_REFERER is on your "good" list, you simply set the same Session variable(s) that you would set when an individual user comes in through your front page.<BR>&#060;%<BR>Session("ValidUser") = "You Betcha!"<BR>%&#062;<BR>And then look for the Session value on every protected page.

Default Very dangerous to make it so...

...easy to get to the password protected part of your site. Anybody who&#039;s got the URL can get in. Is this really what you want?<BR><BR>Anyway, all you need to do is check the querstring variable "comp_id" (Request.QueryString("comp_id")) and if that&#039;s set to the right value, allow access to the password protected part.<BR><BR>Or am I missing something here?<BR><BR>Oliver.