SQL Login

Thread: SQL Login

Corin Guest

Default SQL Login

I converted to a SQL database from ACCESS now I have the following problem when i try to run the page.<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80040e4d&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user &#039myUserName&#039. <BR><BR>/kleinSQL/dealers/dealerresults.asp, line 65 <BR><BR><BR>My code looks like this<BR><BR>Dconn.Open "DRIVER=SQL SERVER;UID=myUserName;PWD=myPassword;SERVER=BAMF;D ATABASE=testSQL"<BR><BR>I have added the user to the database and still get the error<BR>

Default RE: SQL Login

did you add the user "myUserName" to the database or is it a variable name. If that is the actual username in SQL then check that you gave that login permission to access the objects that you need to get to. If it is a variable name then your line should look like. --- "UID=" & myUserName & ";PWD=" & myPassword & ";...." --- Hope this helps.

Corin Guest

Default RE: SQL Login

there are actual temporary name, I gave them every possible permission I could. NT, SQL Server, the database, every table and object in the database and I still get the same error