Need some help

Thread: Need some help

Default Need some help

I am trying to test for a value in a varialbe using an if then else statement to construct an email message.<BR><BR>I used response.write to make sure that the variable was equal to 1 or 2 and they are. This variable is a key field in a definition table.<BR><BR>This is the part of my email code that I test the value:<BR><BR>&#060;% If sFBTypeKey =1 then<BR>MyCDONTSBody = MyCDONTSBody & OwnerName & ", "& vbCrLf & vbCrLf &_<BR>there&#039s more I cut it out so it wouldn&#039t be so long. <BR>Else <BR> <BR>MyCDONTSBody = MyCDONTSBody & FBOwnerName & ", " & vbCrLf & vbCrLf <BR>MyCDONTSBody = MyCDONTSBody & " The Country contact " &_<BR>MyCDONTSBody = MyCDONTSBody & more message body and then I end it with end if.....<BR> <BR>End If<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR><BR>In my email message I am not getting any of the text above. If it is equal to 1 or 2 then different text for each value is coded. What I am getting is the world False then the reamining body of the message. When I did a response.write on the variable it gave me the value 1 or 2 not true or false. I don&#039t get it. Can anyone help? I Hope this is clear enough.

Default RE: Need some help

Check to see if maybe your script is treating the sFBTypeKey as a boolean. Check it by using VarType(sFBTypeKey). <BR><BR>