Hey there,<BR><BR>I am just learning how to create custom user controls in ASP.NET, and here is a problem that has me stumped.<BR><BR>I am trying to build a custom control that will create a datatable and populate it with data from a cached dataset and then return the table to the calling page so that I can bind it to a datagrid.<BR><BR>Here is what I have so far:<BR><BR>myControl.ascx<BR>----------start code-------------<BR>&#060;%@ Control Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="iCdatatbl.ascx.vb" Inherits="vaco2003_dev.iCdatatbl" TargetSchema="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5" %&#062;<BR>----------end code--------------<BR><BR>myControl.ascx.vb<BR>----------start code---------------<BR> Private _dset As DataSet<BR> Private _tbl As DataTable<BR><BR> Public Property pdset() As DataSet<BR> Get<BR> Return _dset<BR> End Get<BR> Set(ByVal Value As DataSet)<BR> _dset = Value<BR> End Set<BR> End Property<BR><BR> Public Property rtbl() As DataTable<BR> Get<BR> Return _tbl<BR> End Get<BR> Set(ByVal Value As DataTable)<BR> _tbl = Value<BR> End Set<BR> End Property<BR><BR> Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load<BR> &#039;build a datatable meant for the data of a compressed import report...<BR> Dim dtbl As DataTable<BR> Dim dcol As DataColumn<BR> Dim drow As DataRow<BR> Dim dset As DataSet = pdset<BR><BR> &#039;create the datatable...<BR> dtbl = New DataTable("rpt")<BR><BR> &#039;create the columns in the datatable...<BR> dcol = New DataColumn("hotListLink", GetType(String))<BR> dtbl.Columns.Add(dcol)<BR> dcol = New DataColumn("file_no", GetType(Integer))<BR> dtbl.Columns.Add(dcol)<BR> dcol = New DataColumn("cust_no", GetType(String))<BR> dtbl.Columns.Add(dcol)<BR> dcol = New DataColumn("ship_vessel", GetType(String))<BR> dtbl.Columns.Add(dcol)<BR> &#039;etc....I just add mroe columns...<BR><BR> &#039;then I use some code here to fill in the datatable with data from the cached dataset<BR> &#039;I passed from the calling page...<BR><BR> &#039;I set the value of rtbl property to equal the table I just build and populated with the<BR> &#039;hopes that this will return the entire table to my calling page...<BR><BR> rtbl = dtbl<BR> End If<BR> End Sub<BR>------------------end code--------------------<BR><BR><BR><BR>calling_page.aspx.vb<BR>-----------------start code---------------------<BR>&#039;I create a dataset and set it equal to my cached dataset...<BR>Dim cDset As DataSet<BR>cDset = Cache("cacheData")<BR><BR>&#039;I create a new instance of my custom control...<BR>Dim ucDtbl As New myControl<BR><BR>&#039;I want to pass the dataset to my custom control by setting the pdset property I created<BR>&#039;to equal the cDset dataset created here...<BR>ucDtbl.pdset = cDset<BR><BR>&#039;I then want to bind the returned rtbl property from my control to a DataGrid...<BR>With dgrd<BR> .DataSource = ucDtbl.rtbl<BR> .DataBind()<BR>End With<BR>-----------------end code---------------------<BR><BR><BR>Thats it. However, when I run the page, I get nothing. No errors, just no data. How can I do get this control to work?<BR><BR>I appreciate any help you can offer.<BR><BR>Thanks!<BR><BR>Bob Gibilaro