Simple template question

Thread: Simple template question

Default Simple template question

I&#039;m pretty new at this, so hopefully this is a straightforward question... I have done all the databinding stuff and I have a template like the one below...<BR><BR>&#060;ASP:Repeater id="RepeaterHeadlines" runat="server"&#062;<BR> &#060;ItemTemplate&#062;<BR> <BR> Do stuff here.<BR><BR><BR> &#060;/ItemTemplate&#062;<BR>&#060;/ASP:Repeater&#062;<BR><BR>That all works fine, but when I display the data, I want to display all records except the first record of the dataset (i&#039;d use a rs.movenext command to do this in ASP). How would I go about doing this here?

Default RE: Simple template question

the way i would do it would be to get all the records you want exactly how you want it in your SQL statement itself. Then you wont have to worry about adding extra logic to your datagrid. thats the easiest way. <BR><BR>if you can&#039;t do that for whatever reason then what you may have to do is bind the datasource of your repeater to a datatable, or array list or some other structure, and that way you can programmatically get rid of the first row that you dont want.<BR><BR>hope that helps.