I’m trying to execute a parameter driven select query in an Access db from an ASP; first I’m creating a Command thus<BR><BR>Set DataCmd = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command")<BR>DataCmd.Ac tiveConnection = DataConn<BR>DataCmd.CommandText = "qryGetAuthorsForBook"<BR>DataCmd.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc<BR><BR>then setting the parameter and appending it the command thus<BR><BR>&#039 set Category ID input parameter to query<BR>strName = "Bid"<BR>intValue = lngBookID<BR>strType = adSmallInt<BR>intSize = 8<BR>strDirection = adParamInput<BR><BR>&#039 create parameter and append<BR>Set DataParam = DataCmd.CreateParameter(strName, strType, strDirection, intSize, intValue)<BR>DataCmd.Parameters.Append DataParam<BR><BR>then creating the recordset and executing the query<BR><BR>&#039 create recordset and execute query<BR>Set rsOldAu = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>rsOldAu. CursorType = adOpenKeyset<BR>rsOldAu.LockType = adLockOptimistic<BR><BR>&#039 execute query<BR>Set rsOldAu = DataCmd.Execute<BR><BR>My problem is that, while I can do “rsOldAu.MoveNext” no problem, “rsOldAu.MoveFirst” gives me an error message:<BR><BR> “An exception of type ‘Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers: Rowset position cannot be restarted.’ was not handled.”<BR><BR>I though this might be cursor type hence my setting it to adOpenKeyset, but….no luck.<BR><BR>Any ideas???<BR>