IIS wont allow anonymous login off subnet

Thread: IIS wont allow anonymous login off subnet

Default IIS wont allow anonymous login off subnet

Ok, I'm kinda new to IIS and ASP.NET. I moved a website to a production server and IIS or Windows security wont allow the .NET aspx files to be served from requests off the subnet. I get the HTTP 401.3 - Access denied by ACL on resource error. Users are in the same domain. Htm files are fine anywhere though. In IIS, when I enable Windows Integrated or Basic authentication, it will prompt for network login and allow aspx pages to be served. I've checked the folder and files permissions and I have Domain Users and Everyone with Full control. I also have Internet Guest Account with Read/Read & Execute permissions. In IIS I also set the application name and execution permissions are set for scripts and executables. Asp (not aspx) pages from the same IIS website, but a different directory work off the subnet as well. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance. -Bill

Default RE: IIS wont allow anonymous login off subnet

ACL on resource means NTFS permissions ON THE SERVER. you need to get on there and make sure the controlling account (probably the ASPNET account if you&#039;re using aspx) has NTFS access to the files in question, and dependencies.<BR><BR><BR>j<BR>http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/