Is it scripting?

Thread: Is it scripting?

Default Is it scripting?

Hi. <BR><BR>My site has been presenting some problems with an specific page. They say it is scripting... here&#039;s the starting code.<BR>What am I missing? <BR><BR>Should I put the whole code? <BR>&#060;%@LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT"%&#062; <BR>&#060;% <BR>Option Explicit <BR>Response.Expires = 0 <BR>%&#062; <BR>&#060;!--#include file="includes/ADOVBS.INC" --&#062;<BR>&#060;!--#include file="includes/databaseconnect.asp" --&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>dim objRs,clientFound,proFound,strUserID,strTimeAdj,up datedr<BR>strUserID = request.form("userID")<BR>Set objRs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>set objRs = server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>objRs.Op en "clients", objCon, adOpenStatic, adLockPessimistic, adCmdTable <BR>clientFound = false<BR>proFound = false<BR>objRs.MoveFirst<BR>if request.form("update") = "UpdateClient" then<BR> if not objRs.EOF Then<BR> do until objRs.Fields("userID") = strUserID<BR> objRs.MoveNext

Default My ouija board says...

&nbsp;<BR>Well, the code you showed certainly can&#039;t work. After all, you have two IF statements there and no END IF statements.<BR><BR>And it looks like the code after that point is going to be pretty crappy, because it looks like the silly code is going to paw through all the records in the table looking for one to change. Blech.<BR><BR>What else...<BR><BR>Oh, yeah:<BR><BR>Set [hl="yellow"]objRs[/hl] = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>set [hl="yellow"]objRs[/hl] = server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR><BR>HUH? ?? First it&#039;s a connection, then it&#039;s a recordset???? WHY?<BR><BR>But do I see anything explicitly wrong in what you have shown *SO FAR*? No.<BR><BR>I just have a sense of foreboding about the code that is going to come after this point. &#060;SHUDDER style="heavy sighs" /&#062;<BR><BR>Oh, yes...As for the ouija board: It agrees with my crystal ball; it can&#039;t tell what "some problems" might mean. Maybe it turns the screen red???<BR><BR>