Dates again....urrgh!

Thread: Dates again....urrgh!

Default Dates again....urrgh!

Hi guys,<BR>I have a question regarding dates. I have a web form that allows a user to select from 2 dropdowns. The first is the month, and the second is the day number 1 &#062; 31.<BR><BR>Heres how Im constructing it.<BR><BR>yearmonth = request.form("yearmonth")<BR>yearday = request.form("yearday")<BR><BR>edate = DateSerial(Year(StartDate), (yearmonth) + iOffset, yearday)<BR><BR>*StartDate is simply a previously selected commencement date*<BR><BR>The problem Im experiencing is that day 31 of a particular month may not exist, causing edate to simply roll to the next month. It does this successfully, however I need to identify this and flag a message to the user indicating that the day they have selected is not valid for that particular month.<BR><BR>Any thoughts?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance,<BR>John

Default You need a steady girlfriend... you won&#039;t have to worry so much about getting dates.<BR><BR>Easy.<BR><BR>What&#039;s the bit with iOffset though????<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>yearmonth = CINT(request.form("yearmonth"))<BR>yearday = CINT(request.form("yearday"))<BR><BR>edate = DateSerial(Year(StartDate), yearmonth, yearday)<BR><BR>If Month(edate) &#060;&#062; yearmonth OR Day(edate) &#060;&#062; yearday Then<BR> Response.Write "You chose an invalid month/day combination"<BR> ...<BR>End If<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Alternative:<BR><BR>&#060;%<B R>yearmonth = CINT(request.form("yearmonth"))<BR>yearday = CINT(request.form("yearday"))<BR><BR>maxday = Day( DateSerial(Year(StartDate), yearmonth+1, 0) )<BR><BR>If yearday &#062; maxday Then<BR> Response.Write "There are only " & maxday & " days in that month!"<BR> ...<BR>End If<BR>...<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR><BR><BR>

Default Why Bill? I have you!

Cheers, thanks for that. As usual you make it look so easy.<BR><BR>As for the iOffset...dunno. It was a bit of code that stuck on me. Seemed to work well though. But I guess If its unecessary well then I&#039;ll ditch it. I understand your code.<BR><BR>Thanks again Billy boy!<BR><BR>John