ASP and ColdFusion

Thread: ASP and ColdFusion

Default ASP and ColdFusion

I have a website where I have a mixture of Coldfusion and ASP pages, does anyone know some code that will be understood by both languages to do the following:<BR><BR>Only launch a pop-up on one particular page.<BR><BR>Every page on the site calls a particular include file and in this include file I want to be able to make the pop-up only appear for a particular page.<BR><BR>I&#039;ve tried to get it working with using asp code but the coldfusion pages just ignore the asp code and so the first part of the page is missed out for the coldfusion pages.<BR><BR>Cheers<BR>David Bradley

Default RE: ASP and ColdFusion

huh? your question needs some clarification, but let me say this - mixing languages is a crap idea. there&#039;s nothing one can do that the other can&#039;t, so it&#039;s just pointless (and wasteful of resources) to have two script engines devoted to one site.<BR><BR><BR>j<BR>

Default LOL! I can certainly imagine...

...that CF would have trouble understanding an ASP include file...and vice versa!<BR><BR>But why couldn&#039;t *either* language produce an HTML page that uses a *CLIENT-SIDE* JavaScript include?<BR><BR>But I don&#039;t understand, *AT ALL*, what the point of all this is.<BR><BR>If only ONE PAGE is supposed to produce the popup, then why does the code for the popup (and the test to see if this is the right page) need to be in *EVERY* page????<BR><BR>ANd why does it need to be in an included file, at all???<BR><BR>It&#039;s unique to one page, so put it in that page.<BR><BR>