server problems

Thread: server problems

Default server problems

This is all being done on my local computer. I have some websites I&#039;m trying to view in IIS 5, and am also using SQL server to access databases using ADO from those websites via a connection string.<BR><BR>I&#039;ve had the websites viewable from IIS (although only from my computer, from another computer I get "page can not be displayed"). Now I can&#039;t view them from either remote or local computer.<BR><BR>On SQL server, I can&#039;t seem to get the connection string right. When I was able to view my websites from my Local computer as stated above, I was trying to connect to a database with a connection string that gave me different errors each time I tried different connection strings. The most common error was can&#039;t find server or unauthorized login.<BR><BR>Now that I can&#039;t view my webs I can&#039;t really check the connection strings anymore.<BR><BR>Sounds like I need some real help!!!<BR><BR>Mark

Default HUH?

What do you mean you can&#039;t check the connection strings???<BR><BR>Sure you can!<BR><BR>Just use a tiny bit of DEBUG code:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Response.Write "&#060;HR&#062;DEBUG connection string: " & yourConnectionString & "&#060;HR&#062;"<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>