HI,<BR><BR>I am having some difficulty understanding what some VB.NET code is doing and how I can convert it to C#.<BR><BR>Here is a VB.NET method:<BR><BR>Sub SampleMethod_Load(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load<BR>LoadData()<BR>End Sub<BR><BR>What I am confused about is the "Handles MyBase.Load" portion. I believe that it is saying, run SampleMethod when a load event occurs. Is that a correct assumption?<BR><BR>When I run this in my code behind file, it is the first method that executes. My second question is, what would a C# equivalent to that code look like?<BR><BR>How would you translate "Handles MyBase.Load" to C#? <BR><BR>I first tried the following:<BR><BR>void SampleMethod_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) {<BR>LoadData();<BR>}<BR><BR>Obviously when I tried that nothing got executed.<BR><BR><BR>What I ended up doing was use the following in my C# code:<BR><BR>private void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) {<BR>LoadData();<BR>base.OnInit(e);<BR>}<BR><BR>Th is way, LoadData() is the first to get executed. <BR><BR>Though this seems to work, I&#039;m not exactly sure why or if it is even a proper alternative to the VB.NET code. Any suggestions or clues would be greatly appreciated.<BR><BR>THANKS!