non anonymous access denied

Thread: non anonymous access denied

Default non anonymous access denied

I&#039;ve created two sites (for testing purposes) which are identical in all respects except that one allows anonymous access and the other does not.<BR>The non anonymous access site will not read my ACCESS database.<BR>It returns a<BR>Microsoft JET Database Engine error &#039;80004005&#039; <BR>Unspecified error <BR>/availabilityreport/availreportnonanon/body.asp, line 91 <BR><BR><BR>where <BR> Dim objConn<BR> Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR> objConn.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=e:InetpubwwwrootavailabilityreportAvailRepo rt.mdb;User Id=admin;Password=;" <BR> objConn.Open &#039;line 91<BR><BR>I want the site that has anonymous access turned off to have access to the database. I don&#039;t know how to do that.<BR>I&#039;m on IIS 5.0<BR>The Internet Guess Account has access rights up to modify on the db.<BR>

Default RE: non anonymous access denied

Weeellllll,,,<BR>If you want NON-anonymous users to access the database, you have to allow their group access. Once authenticated, they don&#039;t use the internet guest account.<BR>Soooo,, give the user group you&#039;re using access to the db, and it should work fine.