User Poll

Thread: User Poll

Default User Poll

I tried to make a poll with this tutorial: and i could not get it to work. i copied and pasted both documents at the end, created a database as the first page said, and uploaded it to a website that supports ASP. i get an error 500 whenever i try to run it. this is my first time using ASP. can anybody tell me what's wrong or how to fix it?

Default WHY did you attempt...

...something as complex as this for a first ASP project????<BR><BR>You&#039;re trying to run 5KM races before you&#039;ve learned how to crawl.<BR><BR>As for the error...Who knows? You didn&#039;t show us the error *message*. And if you haven&#039;t changed your browser to get rid of so-called "Friendly HTTP Error Messages" then it&#039;s going to be hard to tell, in any case. [TOOLS menu, INTERNET OPTIONS, ADVANCED tab, find the box for that option and UNCHECK it, OK, then close all browser windows and start new browser].<BR><BR>I should point out that the article there is ancient history. The number there is the date it was put on the site: 10 July 1999. It&#039;s probably pretty archaic code, in any case.<BR><BR>If you are only using ASP so that you can get a poll running--and you don&#039;t really care about learning the fundamentals--then I&#039;d suggest you got to and find a poll system there that is ready to use, no programming needed.<BR><BR>