Well I have been reading around the message-boards around here trying to get the answer I need, but I still can&#039t get my code to work.<BR><BR>I am writing an inventory system for my small department and every time I try to get my updating/adding pages to work I get the infamous "Provider error &#039 80004005&#039 Unspecified error" message. Perhaps someone here could help me. <BR><BR>After this error the only thing I can usually do is reboot the server. I have gone so far as to delete the databases and run the script again, but it seems that somewhere before the ODBC drivers even connect to the database this error message is being thrown. I know alot of people have been having this problem and I tried most of the solutions I could find here, but still to no avail. Below is what I have tried:<BR><BR>I have tried to set the permissions on the directory and the database itself so that the anonymous WWW user has full access to it/them, but the problem still arises. I have made sure that my connections close after I am done and I set them to nothing<BR><BR>Response.write ("Done")<BR>Conn.Close<BR>Set Conn = Nothing<BR><BR>I have played only with DSN connections and for the small traffic we are going to be getting this should suit us well. Here is the script below. Any help would be greately appreciated.<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR><BR>Set Conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>Conn.Op en "DSN=ASPTEST"<BR><BR>SQLtext = "UPDATE Hardware SET Item=&#039" & request.form("Item") & "&#039 WHERE ID=52"<BR><BR>Response.write SQLtext<BR><BR>Conn.Execute(SQLtext)<BR><BR>Respon se.write ("Done")<BR>Conn.Close<BR>Set Conn = Nothing<BR><BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>This is still VERY much in the testing stages for me so it isn&#039t very complex. Suggestions?<BR><BR>Justin