working offline whilst connected

Thread: working offline whilst connected

Default working offline whilst connected

Hi guys,<BR>How is it possible to work offline, say testing and asp site stored locally whilst being online connected via dialup. Seems I can only use one or the other. Ive tried a few of the Microsoft suggestions, but without any luck. When I browse to my local pages it simply displays page cannot be found?<BR><BR>Anyone else had this problem?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>John

Default RE: working offline whilst connected

Make sure that in IIS, the IP address is set to "All unassigned" ... use http://localhost or rather than an IP address because you&#039;re likely to get a new one each time to you connect to a dialup. I know that works with a LAN/cable/dsl connection, i would think that it would work with dialup but I&#039;m not sure.<BR><BR>You&#039;re still "working online" as far as MSIE is concerned, I&#039;m not really sure what you meant by that - were you referring to the "work offline" option in the file menu, or working while not connected to the internet?<BR><BR>I&#039;m pretty sure selecting the "work offline" option just tells the browser to use the cached versions of websites rather than connecting to the internet and getting newer versions, etc. likewise, if you haven&#039;t visited a page, or it has content expiration enabled, you won&#039;t be able to view it while "offline".<BR><BR>Hope this rambling answers your question!