IIS Permissions Problem

Thread: IIS Permissions Problem

Default IIS Permissions Problem

Hi,<BR><BR>I&#039m having a problem getting ASP to work properly with my MS Access database and IIS 4.0. Everything is running on WinNT and here&#039s my problem. I need to be able to add, delete and update records in the database so I need a certain set of permissions for the directory that contains my database. At the same time, I don&#039t want to give too much access to outside users who might be able to download the database by typing in the correct path. Can anyone help? Right now, I&#039m getting the error "Object must use an updateable query". This is, however, just because of the permissions. I just need to know what I should set everything to in order to get this working.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Dave

Jason Buck Guest

Default RE: IIS Permissions Problem

1. The user should never be able to download your database. Store it in a path outside of the inetpubwwwroot....<BR>I personally have a c:database directory on my server for all databases.<BR><BR>Then you connect to it like so.<BR>&#060;%<BR>strConnect = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=C:database e1.mdb"<BR><BR>dim objconn, objrec, mysql, strStatus, Mytest, strLength<BR>set objconn = server.createobject("ADODB.Connection")<BR><BR><BR >objConn.open strConnect<BR><BR><BR>mysql = "SELECT Client.Climat, Client.Cliname FROM Client ORDER BY Cliname;"<BR><BR><BR>set rstemp=objConn.execute(mysql)<BR><BR>don&#039t forget to close your connection when done.<BR><BR>2. Permission has nothing to do with it. If your query is not updateable then you have a problem with your joins in your database. Go to the actual query and changes the joins. Use Include all records from TBLMAIN and only those from TBLSUB that equal to those in TBLMAIN. The view the SQL code and copy it to you MYSQL = "&#060; copied text from SQL View &#062;"<BR><BR>I hope I was clear in explaining this to you.<BR><BR>If you have any more question feel free to contact me.<BR><BR>Jason<BR>webmaster@wnj.com<BR><BR>