Hi,<BR><BR>I&#039;m running a Windows 2000 machine with IIS 5.0 and Microsoft.NET Framework v1.1.4322.<BR><BR>By default, .EXE files are not protected the way .ASPX files are. Of course, I can protect directories, but it does no good if my goal is to keep .EXE files from being downloaded without proper authentication.<BR><BR>I read an article on Microsoft&#039;s website that said I could accomplish this by adding a filter in IIS. <BR><BR>As per the instructions, I added the .EXE extention to the App Mappings, and chose "aspnet_isapi.dll" as the Executable Path. I set verbs to "GET,POST,HEAD,DEBUG".<BR><BR>This worked initially. Files with a .EXE extension were protected just the way I wanted. However, every few weeks or so, I&#039;ll notice that an attempt to access one particular .EXE file (even from an authenticated user) results in an Application Server Error Message. This problem can be easily fixed by simply rebooting the server, but that is not a practical solution (especially when it needs to be done every few weeks).<BR><BR>I can also solve the problem by eliminating the mapping I created for .EXE files. This is a clear indication that the problem is somewhere within the aspnet_isapi.dll file. However, I can&#039;t afford to eliminate that mapping, as that would leave .EXE files available to unauthenticated users.<BR><BR>There is something else that is weird. Generally, only one .EXE file generates the aforementioned error. Other .EXE files seem to work fine. The file is not corrupt however, because when I remove the mapping, download the file, and run it on my local machine, it works just fine.<BR><BR>Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Does anyone have any idea how to solve it?<BR><BR>Any information you could offer would be greatly appreciated!<BR>Thanks in advance.<BR>-Steve