Text formatting

Thread: Text formatting

Default Text formatting

My users enter a list <BR>1.XXX<BR>2.xXx <BR>in a multiline textbox. It allows you to put carriage returns/newlines in. It saves to a database. IN the database (ACCESS) each line is still on a separate line. But when it is re-retreived into a text box to be displayed, there are no carriage returns. Every thing is on one row. I tried using on of the online content editors which allows you to format, change fonts, etc. - much as the formatting tags in this forum do. Using that control, the text is displayed in the textbox properly formatted. However, now it is stored in the database with all the HTML tags. This is not acceptable since I need to be able to pull the text into a non-web report - like into an ACCESS report or Word doc. I dont really need all the bells and whistles that come with the online HTML content editors. But I do need to keep the line breaks and that sort of formatting. Anyone know to do this? Any resources for this sort of thing? I would think that it is a relatively common problem, but I am not sure how to handle it.

Default RE: Text formatting

a text linebreak is not the same as an HTML linebreak.<BR><BR>I suspect you need to convert
    (regex) into "&#060;br /&#062;" with a simple Replace() operation when outputting<BR><BR><BR>j<BR>http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/