VBscript Error - 800A0BB9

Thread: VBscript Error - 800A0BB9

Default VBscript Error - 800A0BB9

I am trying to execute a db2 stored procedure from an ASP. When I run I keep receiving the error:<BR><BR>Error Type:<BR>ADODB.Command (0x800A0BB9)<BR>Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another.<BR>/msptest/msptest1.asp, line 52<BR><BR>NOTE: Line 52 is the first CREATEParameter statement of two. I have one input and one output variable.<BR><BR>My code is below:<BR><BR>&#060;!-- METADATA TYPE="typelib" FILE="C:Program FilesCommonFilesSystemadomsado15.dll" --&#062;<BR><BR> &#060;!--#include virtual="\s3b4a71wwwrootadovbs.inc"--&#062;<BR> Dim conn1 <BR> Dim DB2Conn <BR> Dim Cmd1 <BR> Dim pinstring <BR> Dim psqlcode<BR> Dim objRS<BR> Dim objConn<BR> dim pinstr<BR> dim poutstr<BR> <BR> SET objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR> objConn.ConnectionString = DB2Conn<BR> objConn.open<BR><BR> SET Cmd1 = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command")<BR><BR> Cmd1.CommandText = "SDBM1.NNMSP01 (?,?)"<BR><BR> Cmd1.CommandType = 4<BR> Cmd1.ActiveConnection = objConn<BR><BR> dim instr<BR> dim outstr<BR> pinstr = "list on toa"<BR> poutstr = "-999"<BR><BR> Set pinstring = Cmd1.CreateParameter("INSTRING", adVarChar, adParamInput, 32, pinstr)<BR> Cmd1.Parameters.Append pinstring<BR> <BR> SET psqlcode = Cmd1.CreateParameter("RETCODE", adVArChar, adParamOutput)<BR> Cmd1.Parameters.Append psqlpcode<BR> SET objRS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR><BR> set objRS = Cmd1.Execute

Default Well, that error...

..says there is *something* about the arguments to the function that it simply didn&#039;t like.<BR><BR>You might want to be sure you are getting good adXXXX values.<BR><BR>Just before that problem line, try doing<BR> Response.Write "adVarChar=" & adVarChar & "&#060;P&#062;"<BR> Response.Write "adParamInput=" & adParamInput & "&#060;P&#062;"<BR>and see if the numbers you get match what the docs say they should be.<BR><BR>adVarChar should be 200<BR>adParamInput should be 1<BR><BR>