Hi,<BR><BR>I would like to start a new thread on Microsoft OLE DB Provider for <BR>Oracle. In the Intranet app I am developing, I use the following code to <BR>connect to an Oracle 7.3 DB at the beginning of every ASP page, and <BR>explicitly close it at the end of the page:<BR><BR>Dim objConn<BR>Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>objConn .Open "PROVIDER=MSDAORA;DATA SOURCE=abc; <BR>USER ID=scott;PASSWORD=tiger;OLE DB SERVICES=-1"<BR><BR>objConn.Close<BR>Set objConn = Nothing<BR><BR>It was may hope that the "OLE DB SERVICES=-1" part of the connection string <BR>will automatically take care of the OLE DB session pooling for me. <BR>However, after a while I realized that session pooling was not working for <BR>me, because on every page request I had to wait for the standard 6-8 <BR>seconds to establish an Oracle connection (this delay is typical of our <BR>netwrok/Oracle environment. TNSPING takes 7000 msec to give me a feedback, <BR>and SQL*PLUS connection takes about 8-10 seconds. For experience Oracle <BR>DBA out there, can you suggest any improvement?).<BR><BR>Then I read the MDAC pooling article on the Miscrosoft MSDN site (at <BR>http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/techart/pooling2.htm). It seems to me <BR>that I have to go through these additional steps to use OLE DB session <BR>pooling:<BR><BR>1. Have an OLEDB_SERVICES Registry entry under the CLSID key of the <BR>MSDAORA.DLL in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT.<BR>2. Always have one DB connection open for each user session.<BR><BR>However, even though I did both, up to this point I feel I am still not <BR>using OLE DB session pooling correctly. Can you share some of you <BR>successful experience on using OLE DB? Specifically, I would like to know <BR>how you modify the Registry entry (do you need to restart your server <BR>afterwords?), and where do you open the first Oracle connection (in <BR>GLOBAL.ASA under SESSION_ONSTART subroutine?)<BR><BR>Thanks for your input.<BR><BR><BR>Eric Ma<BR>