PageCount Problem

Thread: PageCount Problem

Dave2000 Guest

Default PageCount Problem

I have written an ASP page that displays records from a database. Because I have so many records I have written it so that there are only 10 records per page. I have one problem though. It gives me an Error message: <BR><BR>ADODB.Recordset error &#039 800a0cb3&#039 <BR><BR>The operation requested by the application is not supported by the provider. <BR><BR>This error message appears on the line where:<BR> myRS.AbsolutePage = myCurrentPage<BR><BR>Any thoughts on why this is happening? When I remove that line of code I can only view the first 10 records and the PageCount is equal to -1. Thanks for your help.

Default RE: PageCount Problem

I found what seems to be a more stable - but resource intensive -way of dealing with this issue. What I did was to take the whole record set and loop through it and build the html 10 records at per loop and stuff the html into a session array. then call the array via a variable I pass in a querystring. So that there are 26 records in the over all rs then the first 10 show on the page and then there will be the numbers 1, 2, & 3 at the top of the page. The end user can then just click on a number and it will show that range of records.

Dave2000 Guest

Default RE: PageCount Problem

I actually figured out what my problem was. I included the Session Object and it allowed me to do what I wanted. Your solution however does sound interesting. Can you provide some sample code for that? Thanks.