Is there a solution to this...

Thread: Is there a solution to this...

Default Is there a solution to this...

Hi,<BR><BR>I&#039;m accessing files using the Scripting.FileSystemObject<BR>so that users can open them directly through the Intranet.<BR><BR>my code goes like this :<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>dim Folder<BR>folder=request.querystring("f")<BR>Set MyDirectory=Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSys temObject")<BR>Set MyFiles=MyDirectory.GetFolder("E:Inetpubinside2bdg chFRONTOFFICE\"&Folder&"")<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>I then declare a variable called filefound, which loops though the files in the directory.<BR><BR>The problem I have is I want to be able to link to the file so it opens in it&#039;s open program ie: excel, word and also that when the user saves the file after having modified it, it saves back to the folder it&#039;s in.<BR><BR>Thanks for your help,<BR>Claire

Default RE: Is there a solution to this...

there&#039;s no truly easy way of picking the program it opens in, and there&#039;s certainly no easy way of saving it back directly from the program. <BR><BR>If it&#039;s only office documents, look into SharePoint (an MS product), which can interact directly with Office 200 or better. as for other editors, there&#039;s no agreed standard on the &#039;saveback&#039; option, so you&#039;d be stuck there.<BR><BR><BR>j<BR>