American vs. British date format

Thread: American vs. British date format

Default American vs. British date format

Hi all,<BR><BR>On one of my servers when I run &#060;%=Date%&#062;, I get the american date format, e.g., mm/dd/yyyy. On another server I run the same code and get the british date format, e.g., dd/mm/yyyy. <BR><BR>here&#039;s an example:<BR>http://www.canasoft.net/date.asp<BR>http://spectrum.canasoft.net/date.asp<BR><BR>Both servers have the same regional settings (set to display date as mm/dd/yyyy). <BR><BR>I&#039;d like to get both servers to display the American date format by default. Can anyone give me a lead on how to do this, or at least what could be causing the two servers to behave differently?<BR><BR>Thanks.

Default Session.LCID = &H0409

Somebody has set up the default LCID as &H0809 (or maybe some other values, but not &H0409) on the one server. But if you just put in Session.LCID=&h0409 in your Session_onStart code, it won&#039;t matter what the server&#039;s default is.<BR><BR>

Default Thanks!

It works perfectly. :)

Default RE: American vs. British date format

You can add the following at the top of your asp pages to set the locale<BR><BR>&#060;%Session.LCID = 1033%&#062; for United Kingdom<BR>&#060;%Session.LCID = 2048%&#062; for United States

Default You have it all wrong...

1033 *IS* for the USA. &h0409 (hex) is the same as 1033 (decimal).<BR><BR>2048 simply means "system default". So if you used <BR> Session.LCID = 2048<BR>on a system where the default was China...well, you&#039;d get China.<BR><BR>2048 decimal is &h0800, and no valid LCID ends in "00" in its hex form.<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>