i have a form that collects data from the customer

Thread: i have a form that collects data from the customer

Default i have a form that collects data from the customer

and then it seems like when the customer submits it, and while it is processing..... thinks that its not processing the application and resubmits. So they are sending like 10 of the same message. <BR><BR>There is a thank you page, but then i guess they are not receiving it, or their computer is slow. IS there a way around this to fix this error. thanks.

Default A couple of fixes...

For starters, fix the browser code so the page can&#039;t be resubmitted.<BR><BR>&#060;FORM ... onSubmit="return checkResubmit();"&#062;<BR>...<BR>&#060;/FORM&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;SCRIPT Language="JavaScript"&#062;<BR>var submitted = false;<BR><BR>function checkResubmit( )<BR>{<BR> if ( submitted )<BR> {<BR> alert("Please be patient...the form has been submitted but might take a while to process.");<BR> return false;<BR> }<BR> submitted = true;<BR> return true;<BR>}<BR>&#060;/SCRIPT&#062;<BR><BR>**********<BR><BR>Then you might also want to check for resubmission on the server. Using a session variable in essentially the same way might work okay:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>&#039; test flag<BR>If Session("Form17_Submitted") = "ALREADY" Then<BR> Response.Redirect "AlreadySubmitted.html"<BR>End If<BR>&#039; set flag for next time<BR>Session("Form17_Submitted") = "ALREADY"<BR>...<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>