Problem: difference in behavior between ASP.NET &

Thread: Problem: difference in behavior between ASP.NET &

Default Problem: difference in behavior between ASP.NET &

I am having an interesting, but very annoying problem related to making web service requests from .NET to a Perl SOAP::Lite web service that is running on Linux. Here is the situation:<BR><BR>(1) In most cases, we are able to make web service calls from ASP.NET to the Perl web service just fine. There may be problems, but the test methods that we&#039;ve tried seem to work fine.<BR><BR>(2) A .NET console application is able to make calls to the Perl web service without any visible problems.<BR><BR>(3) The problem comes in when the Perl web service throws a SoapException. When this happens and the web service was called from the ASP.NET client, a System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationExceptio n is thrown that says the following:<BR><BR>An unhandled exception of type &#039;System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationEx ception&#039; occurred in Unknown Module.<BR><BR>Additional information: The type System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException in Assembly System.Web.Services, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f57f11d50a3a is not marked as serializable.<BR> <BR>What is confusing is that we can make make the same call from a .NET console application to the Perl web service and it works properly, throwing a SoapException.<BR><BR>In each of the clients (ASP.NET & .NET console app), a web reference to the Perl web service was created the exact same way in Visual Studio based on a WSDL file, so there are no apparent differences in that area.<BR><BR>In summary, we are finding a difference in behavior between an ASP.NET client and a .NET console application and I can&#039;t figure out what the difference is between them.<BR><BR>If anyone has any suggestions or information on this, it would be most appreciated.<BR><BR>Thank you,<BR>Clark Laughlin

Default RE: Problem: difference in behavior between ASP.NE

In your place, I would try sending mail to MS...and wrap the problem code with a try for the moment.<BR><BR>It doesn&#039;t seem logical to me that the soap exception is not serializable :S