I hope you can help.<BR><BR>I need to create a new variable from a previous recort set i have created. I&#039;m using dreamweaver, so my hand coding isn&#039;t great.<BR><BR>Let me explain,<BR><BR>I&#039;m using a URl query to get one record at a time.<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>var rs_article = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset");<BR>rs_arti cle.ActiveConnection = MM_SHN_STRING;<BR>rs_article.Source = "SELECT * FROM ARTICLE, PRI_THEME, CREATOR, MATERIAL, ITEM_LOC WHERE ARTICLE_ID = "+ rs_article__MMColParam.replace(/&#039;/g, "&#039;&#039;") + " AND ARTICLE.PRIMARY_THEME_ID = PRI_THEME.PRIMARY_THEME_ID AND ARTICLE.CREATOR_ID = CREATOR.CREATOR_ID AND ARTICLE.MATERIAL_ID = MATERIAL.MATERIAL_ID AND ARTICLE.ITEM_LOCATION_ID = ITEM_LOC.ITEM_LOCATION_ID";<BR>rs_article.CursorTy pe = 0;<BR>rs_article.CursorLocation = 2;<BR>rs_article.LockType = 1;<BR>rs_article.Open();<BR>var rs_article_numRows = 0;<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR><BR>I need to creat a new variable that gives the value of CREATOR_ID. This will then be used as a session variable to create another recordset.<BR><BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>var rs_related__MMColParam = "1";<BR>if (String(Application("stheme")) != "undefined" && <BR>String(Application("stheme")) != "") { <BR>rs_related__MMColParam = String(Application("stheme"));<BR>}<BR>%&#062;<BR> &#060;%<BR>var rs_related = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset");<BR>rs_rela ted.ActiveConnection = MM_SHN_STRING;<BR>rs_related.Source = "SELECT ARTICLE_ID, DC_IDENTIFIER_URI, DC_TITLE_EN, PRIMARY_THEME_ID, SUB_THEME_ID FROM ARTICLE WHERE SUB_THEME_ID = "+ rs_related__MMColParam.replace(/&#039;/g, "&#039;&#039;") + "";<BR>rs_related.CursorType = 0;<BR>rs_related.CursorLocation = 2;<BR>rs_related.LockType = 1;<BR>rs_related.Open();<BR>var rs_related_numRows = 0;<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Where stheme is the name of the new variable created.<BR><BR>I&#039;m sure this is basic stuff, but it&#039;s not my field...<BR><BR>Please let me know if you need further explanation.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Capt.