Hi i have a sql server instance on my system and it is linking into an oracle database on another server. When i run queries against this other server...it takes forever... <BR><BR>However, when i use access, and link the table and run the same query against the oracle database...it runs immediatly. <BR><BR>I am very confused as to why there would be such a performance difference and why sql server would run so slow. <BR><BR>I am wondering if it has something to do with the way i configured the linked server. I use Microsoft OLEDB provider for Oracle and in access i use the ODBC connections defined in my administrative tools to connect to the oracle database. I am trying to run very simple queries, such as <BR><BR>select * from SERVERNAME..CATALOG.TABLE;<BR><BR>These are my settings:<BR>microsoft OLEDB Provider for Oracle<BR>productname: myservername<BR>datasource: myservername<BR>provider string: blank<BR><BR>there are several options that I didn&#039;t know what they meant. <BR><BR>collation compatible (not selected) <BR>Data access (selected) <BR>RPC (not selected) <BR>RPC Out (not selected) <BR>collation name <BR>connection timeout <BR>query timeout