Hi, <BR>1) I bind a datagrid to a datatable...no probs.<BR>2) I attempt to edit the datagrid.<BR>3) The "itemDataBound " event of my my datagrid fires and all code runs ok.<BR><BR>However, when I do the following, I get an error:<BR><BR>1) I bind a datagrid to a datatable (BUT THIS TIME I use the "Select" method of my dataTable to filter the rows).<BR>2) Same as #2<BR>3) The "itemDataBound " event of my my datagrid fires and I now get the error:<BR><BR>"System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid"<BR><BR>&#060;code&#062;<BR> Private Sub myDatagrid_ItemDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridItemEventArgs) Handles myDatagrid.ItemDataBound<BR><BR>If e.Item.ItemType = ListItemType.EditItem Then<BR> Dim dRowView As DataRowView = CType(e.Item.DataItem, DataRowView)<BR>&#060;code&#062;<BR><BR>so..someho w using my datatable "SELECT" method has created items in the datagrid that cannot be cast to a "DataRowView".<BR><BR>hmm, can anyone suggest what I&#039;m doing wrong?<BR><BR>cheers, yogi<BR><BR>