not closed pools with sql server!!!

Thread: not closed pools with sql server!!!

Default not closed pools with sql server!!!

hi all,<BR>i am working on an application that works with sql server 2000.<BR>in the application ..there are so many times where i need to return DataReader from a function (in the business tier)...ofcourse..the datareader uses connected process, you can&#039;t use it if the connection to the server is closed(right?).<BR><BR>the problem arises when i use the method that opens the connection and returns datareader( i don&#039;t close the connection to be able to return the datareader ) ...when i request any page after those pools opened to the server, a message is shown:<BR><BR>[color ="red"]"The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool. This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached." [/color]<BR><BR>this is so wrong! i must not keep all those pools open...<BR>is returning a datareader is that bad?!<BR>how can i solve the problem?<BR><BR><BR>

Default RE: not closed pools with sql server!!!

Go to MSDN and find the articles about becoming a connection pool lifeguard.<BR><BR>The quick answer is to stop using Readers.<BR>