How to debug an ASP project with Visual Studio .NET using Windows 2000<BR><BR>
<BR>It took me a while to figure out how to enable debugging on a traditional<BR>.asp project with Visual Studio .NET using Windows 2000.<BR><BR>I would always get an error saying:<BR><BR>"Unable to find project on the web server. Unable to set web server into <BR>correct debugging state automatically. You may not be able to debug .ASP <BR>pages."<BR><BR>After a lot of online research and fiddling with the settings, this is <BR>what worked for me.<BR><BR>To enable .asp debugging change the following settings:<BR><BR>1. In VS.NET: <BR>-------------<BR>	project - properties<BR>		configuration properties <BR>			debugging <BR>				-&#062; enable ASP debugging <BR>				-&#062; enable ASP.NET debugging <BR><BR>2. In the IIS snap-in: <BR>---------------------- <BR>	default website - properties <BR>		home directory <BR>			configuration <BR>				app debugging <BR>					-&#062; enable ASP server-side script debugging <BR>					<BR>	website (the project you want to debug) - properties <BR>		directory <BR>			application name: -&#062; add <BR>			(this sets an application name for the website and changes <BR>			the icon from a default folder icon to a website icon) <BR>			<BR>3. Add IIS process account to Debugger Users group: <BR>--------------------------------------------------- <BR>	In Computer Management snap-in: <BR>		System Tools <BR>			Local Users and Groups <BR>				Groups <BR>					Debugger Users - properties<BR>						-&#062; Add user IWAM_machine-name <BR>						   ("the Launch IIS process account") <BR><BR>Now, to debug in VS.NET: <BR>------------------------<BR>	right-click the .asp page that the application should start from<BR>		-&#062; select "Set as Start Page" <BR>	<BR>	set a breakpoint in the .asp code anywhere in the project <BR>	<BR>	click Debug -&#062; Start or press F5 to build the project and start debugging<BR>